Prior to purchasing products from the USB-IF, please review our return policy and legal disclaimer.
Product Order Form
To order any of the items below please complete and email the USB Product Order Form.
USB Type-CTM Authentication Compliance Bridge (ACB)
The USB Type-CTM Authentication Compliance Bridge (ACB) used with the USB Type-CTM Authentication Test Suite in USB3CV to allow testing of USB PD Authentication Responders. The ACB is required for testing USB PD Sources, Sinks, and Cables that support USB Type-CTM Authentication. The ACB is not needed to test USB devices.
QuadraMAX USB Type-CTM and PD Tester
The USB-IF QuadraMAX is an official hardware platform for several certification testing functionalities. It is an electronic load for the USB Type-C and PD Source Power Tests (SPT), a cable tester for USB Type-C End Product Cable tests (EPC), and it provides a manual control window for custom load testing and PD traffic generation.
The applicable testing specs are available in the Document Library:
USB Type-CTM and Power Delivery Source Power Requirements Test Specification
USB Type-CTM End Product Cable Test Plan
The software can be found here.
QuadraMAX Tool Details
- The QuadraMAX consists of four sink ports.
- Up to three QuadraMAXes can be linked for testing devices with up to 12 ports.
- Each sink can load 100W. Across four ports the QuadraMAX can maintain 320W load, with a peak of 400W.
- QuadraMAX uses a CC load and a CR load. The CR load is acheived with a 500us FW feedback loop.
- QuadraMAX Vbus tolerance before load drops is 2 V - 2.5 V.
- QuadraMAX captures Vbus voltage and current in 15us - 250us adjustable sample rates. Captures taken during connect / disconnect / voltage transition / load transition / hard reset.
- Port 4 can also be programmed to a 5V 5A source. This is used during cable testing and can also be done for manual debug through the QuadDraw Reins window.
- Port 1 has a switchable ground isolation from the other ports during the cable drop test.
- QuadDraw automatically updates to the latest software and firmware when the controlling computer has an internet connection.
Each QuadraMAX includes the following:
- Qty 1 - QuadraMAX
- Qty 1 - Power Supply with ferrite core (12V 4.2A)
USB 3.1 USB (10 GT/s) Type-CTM Electrical Test Fixture Kit
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
The USB 3.1 USB (10 GT/s) Type-C Electrical Test Fixture Kit provides a worst case, ISI hardware channel for PHY’s. It is intended to assist companies in testing transmitter signal quality and receiver sensitivity for either hosts or peripherals.
The current kit contains sixteen test fixtures, 1 meter USB Type-C to C cable, 1.8 meter USB Type-C cable, one 5 Volt DC power supply to provide V-Bus to peripherals, and a jumper (for two pin header). The fixtures consist of:
- qty 3 – USB 3.1 Compliance Load Board Type-C (5.6”, 7.1”, 8.1”)
- qty 3 – USB 3.1 Mock Host/Device Type-C (7.2”, 8.7”, 9.7”)
- qty 3 – USB 3.1 5G Host/Device Fixture 2 (10.4”, 12.4”, 14.4”)
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Host PHY Tx Fixture Type-C
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Dev PHY Tx Fixture Type-C
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Host Fixture 1C
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Dev Fixture 1C
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Rx CAL Fixture Type-C
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Full Type-C Breakout
- qty 1 – USB 3.1 Captive Device Fixture Type-C
Please refer to the topology diagram. For more information, please contact your test equipment vendor.
Due to high demand each company is allowed a maximum order of two (2) kits at this time.
We recommend you read the USB-IF Fixture Connector Care document before using these fixtures.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Signal Quality Test Fixtures
The USB-IF test fixtures used for certifying signal quality of hi-speed hosts and peripherals. The fixtures eliminate the need for probes and require quality SMA cables for direct connection to the scope. The fixtures include USB cables but do not include SMA cables. The USB-IF does not sell or provide SMA cables and it is the vendor’s responsibility to obtain them. One recommendation for SMA cables includes the following: Agilent 15443A Matched Cable Pair (or equivalent).
Each test fixture set includes the following:
- qty 1 - Device test Fixture
- qty 1 - Host test fixture
- qty 2 - Standard A to Standard B 1-meter cable
- qty 1 - Standard A to Standard B short cable
- qty 1 - Standard A to Micro B short cable
USB 3.0 Electrical Test Fixture Kit
The USB 3.0 Electrical Test Fixture Kit provides a worst case, ISI hardware channel for PHY’s. It is intended to assist companies in testing transmitter signal quality and receiver sensitivity for either hosts or peripherals.
The kit contains five test fixtures and one 5-Volt DC power supply to provide V-Bus to peripherals. The fixtures consist of:
qty 2 – Host Test Fixtures
qty 2 – Device Test Fixtures
qty 1 – Device Calibration Fixture
qty 1 – Cable Assembly to be used in conjunction with the fixtures. Includes a USB 3.0 Standard A to Standard B (3 meter + 1 meter), Standard A to Standard B (4 inch) and Standard A to Micro B (4 inch).
USB Functional Compliance Test Devices
The Functional Compliance Test Devices are designed to meet the requirements set forth in the USB2 Compliance Test Device Functional Specification, Revision 1.0. The test devices are used by the USB2 Transaction Translator Test Suite (USBHTT). The specification for the devices is available at http://developer.intel.com/technology/usb/spec.htm. The devices support a simple vendor command API that allows them to be used to deterministically test a wide variety of USB transfer and protocol scenarios.